What is White Scars Blog?
At first glance it may seem to be a trivial question: obviously it is a blog about White Scars. Right? Well it used to be that simple, but 6th edition has changed everything.
When I started the blog the focus was on tactics, strategy, painting, converting, and playing in tournaments with a Space Marine army (generally painted white with lightning bolts somewhere on the model) centered on the mobility and durability that bike platform offered. The inclusion of allies in 6th edition complicates the mission of the blog as we as gamers are no longer limited to the Space Marine codex. So the all important question needs to be asked, what is White Scars Blog?
Is the blog...
- Limited to White Scars only?
- What about different color schemes?
- Should allies be covered?
- What about White Scars and other Space Marine Chapters?
- What about Xenos bike armies, such as Eldar Jet Bikes?
- What about Xenos bike armies which pretend to be White Scars?
- What about armies which use fast models in a similar fashion as bike lists do?
- Should the focus be on the strategies that bike based builds need to win?
- Does the inclusion of a single bike squad warrant coverage on the blog?
- Should anything be covered?
- A gathering place where cool people hang out and win tournaments with bikes?
- A place where people like mongols and White Scars themes?
|White Scars? Possibly...|
The line of what the blog should cover is somewhere between this list of options.
So what do you guys think. Should the blog cover White Scars only material? Only Imperial Material? Or should we cover anything bike related? Personally, I believe that White Scars should not be limited to a single codex, but rather should be an ideology: a tendency of tactical movement, hard hitting units, breaking conventional norms, and of course SPEEEEEEDDDD!